Careers at NAL
Geotechnical, Civil And Structural Engineering Jobs In Auckland, NZ, and Malaysia
Our engineering excellence comes from value engineering and innovative solutions. We work from concept through construction.
Thank you for showing interest in working at NAL Engineers.
- The main duties of Accounts Executive is to manage internal financial system, provide the management decision with robust financial analysis support. As the Accounts Executive plays a crucial role in guiding the operation of the company in line with its budget and in supporting the management in making well financially informed decisions, you are expected to provide financial advice and support wherever and whenever financial advice needed.
- As the Accounts Executive you are responsible for all tasks regarding to accounting and financial management. Following is a detailed list of the duties you may perform:
- Formulating internal accountant policies, maintaining and improving internal financial system.
- Ensuring all financial dealings are professional and comply with regulatory requirements.
- Performing general accounting tasks: document management, accounts payable and receivable, data entry, general ledger, trial balancing, bank reconciliation, internal auditing and investigation, monthly payroll, PAYE, GST return etc.
- Ability to present cashflow information, profit and loss, and projected cashflow to the Directors will be looked upon favourably, but is not essential.
- Plan office functions prior to being asked (both internal and external functions)
- Liaise with our external accountants and any external suppliers as required including, but not limited to, architects, surveyors, office supplies, utilities suppliers, etc.
- Providing management with financial advice: budgeting, cash flow management, cost and profit analysis, monthly and seasonal financial reports, project cost and profit analysis and report.
- Liaise with our key clients as and when required.
- Ability to design marketing material would be an added bonus.
- Assist in any recruitment process as and when this happens.
- Performing other lawful and reasonable instructions given by the employer or its representative.
- A bachelor or above qualification in an area related to accounting.
- Chartered Accountant or Chartered Accountant equivalent qualification required but this is not essential.
Skills / Knowledges / Behaviours
- Work experience as an accountant.
- Good financial analytical skills.
- Excellent knowledge of the relevant accounting principles.
- Knowledge of accounting software, such as, Xero and Workflow Max but is not essential.
- Keep up with financial policies, regulation and legislation.
- Collect, analyse and summarize account information.
- Well-versed in all major accounting software; be an advanced Excel user.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good computer skills with knowledge of relevant analysis and management tools, and an ability to learn and apply new tools.
- Good interpersonal skills which will enable effective liaising with clients, stakeholders and employees to solve accounting and financial issues.
- Strong attention to details and confidentiality.
- May oversee the duties.
- An ability to cope with urgency, pressure of work and the assignment of work priorities.
- A preparedness to develop and apply skills outside of your core competency to assist others likewise, and to achieve and enhance the overall business goals.
- An acceptance of the need to assist with all range of tasks and activities to ensure the achievement of reporting and project deadlines.
- A commitment to live up to and apply NAL’s core values.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Application closes: 10 April 2020